We are currently looking to appoint a welfare assistant to join the Shakespeare Team.
This position is to work 1 hour per day throughout the school term and is required to start a.s.a.p. Grade and pay rate is currently Grade 1 - £9.90 per hour. Closing date 3.15pm on Wednesday 20th April 2022.
As welfare assistant the key duties include:
- Control the dinner queue;
- Supervise pupils eating their dinners;
- Prevent them from taking food outside the dining area;
- Control the behaviour of pupils while they eat their meals;
- Keep pupils out of classrooms when they should be outside;
- Check that groups of pupils do not hang around places that they should not (such as toilets);
- Control the behaviour of pupils in the playground;
- Discipline pupils who break the rules;
- Deal with accidents in the playground or dining area;
- Keep young pupils occupied when they have to stay indoors
- Work within school policies and procedures;
- To attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required;
- To take care for their own and other people's health and safety;
- To be aware of the confidential nature of school issues.
To apply for this position please complete the application form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office by the closing date. Should you require a paper application form to complete this can be collected from the school office during normal school hours (please remember school will be closed for the Easter holiday from 2pm on Friday 1st April to 8.15am on Tuesday 19th April.