Casual Welfare Assistant
Position Details: hours dependent upon need, up to a maximum of 6.25 hours, term time (on days required hours would 12.00noon to 1.15pm)
Grade 1 (scale point 4-6)
This vacancy is for a casual welfare assistant. Responsibilities of the post include:
1. Control the dinner queue;
2. Supervise pupils eating their dinners;
3. Prevent them from taking food outside the dining area;
4. Control the behaviour of pupils while they eat their meals;
5. Keep pupils out of classrooms when they should be outside;
6. Check that groups of pupils do not hang around places that they should not (such as toilets);
7. Control the behaviour of pupils in the playground;
8. Discipline pupils who break the rules;
9. Deal with accidents in the playground or dining area;
10. Keep young pupils occupied when they have to stay indoors.
11. Work within school policies and procedures.
12. To attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required.
13. To take care for their own and other people's health and safety.
14. To be aware of the confidential nature of school issues.
Closing date - 12noon on Friday 25th January 2019
Further information and application forms available from the school office.